Africa Property Invest Awards today announced the Pan-Africa’s Panel of judges for the API Awards to be held in October this year in Cape Town. The awards were established to recognise and promote excellence in the real estate sector across the continent.
Elegible projects completed in 2018 and 2019, may enter in 9 categories which are:
- Best Affordable Housing Project
- Best Architectural Design
- Best Commercial Office Development
- Best Green Building
- Best High End Residential Development
- Best Hotel Development
- Top African Real Estate Bank of the Year
- Best Retail Development
- Young Property Person of the Year
- Best Industrial and Logistics Development
- Best Mixed Use Development
- Women In African Real Estate
- Best Property Technology Award
The panel of 9 judges includes amongst other Sethebe Manake, the founder and director of Vantage Properties. The panel consists of various experts in the real estate sector from different countries across the continent.
Dr Marco Macagnano Smart Real Estate Leader – Deloitte Consulting, South Africa Kelly Kalumba CEO – Green Code Architects Nicolas Sheard CEO – Pentad Quantity Surveyors V Gikonyo Gitonga Managing Director – Axis Real Estate Limited Kevin Teeroovengadum Real Estate Advisor – Mauritius Sethebe Manake Director – Vantage Properties, Botswana Trevor Ward Principal – W Hospitality Group, Nigeria Godfrey Tapela Senior Investment Officer – International Finance Corporation (IFC) Kenya Joao Terlica Managing Director – SAGACI Research, Nigeria
Eligible companies and individuals are encouraged to enter the competition.